Wednesday 2 May 2007

Trickey Knitty



Here is my latest knitting project. Its a tank top for my son Daniel, we have a family first holy communion coming up on May 19th and I thought this would be nice on Dan the Man. Its a lovely Debbie Bliss pattern. The yarn however is a hayfield cotton Aran which I found in my mothers stash. I am hoping I will have enough to finish it. The pattern says it takes 150g and I think thats around how much I have.

I have had to adjust a bit because its a bit heavier than the suggested yarn, after three starts I think I have the number of stitches and needle size ok.......( if any one has any suggestions for patterns adjustments i.e yarn differences and needle size, all advice gladly received as I am really flying by the seat of my pants on this one).

I have been running around after Daniel for most of the day trying to measure the length of the back and position of armholes and he has not been impressed.

Jeez I hope I will have enough yarn to finish it or I will ahve to rip it back, wouldnt that just be the icing on the cake. anyway I will keep going and hope for the best.

No comments: