Tuesday 1 May 2007

So far so good.....






Here is the progress I made with the quilt yesterday. I laid all the squares out on the bed and then, I gathered the squares for one row at a time, ran down stairs and sewed them together on the machine which is stationed in the kitchen at the moment. I dont have enough space in my house for a seperate work area, so I have to plan my sewing very carefully around my two kids and all of their accessories. While I was sewing yesterday, there was a Thomas the tank engine train set in the sitting room which I had to stop and repair every now and again, the washing machine needed feeding with the laundry and then had to be burped about 45 minutes later when its buzzer sounded, however I ploughed on . I am amazed at how focused I became on the squares and the need to sew them together in order to see what they look like when they are sewn together.

All thats left is to make my way to the patchwork shop in Limerick to get the batting and the boarder fabric, this is sooo exciting.















No comments: